And tying it was. In fact, it’s so easy, that kids 6+ can make one without adult help. Using a recycled 45 record is geeky and adds to the fun, but a simple cardboard ring will work just as well if records are unavailable, or a more traditional look is desired. I don’t believe that there is any such thing as “Fun for the whole family”, but if we send dad off to his wood workshop, this one comes pretty close.
ruler (you can also cut freehand)
- Dip the whole wreath into a plate of paint. Fall colors work well.
- Use some fabric strips cut on a bias (to prevent fraying) and tie them around the string. Make sure the “wrong” side of the fabric is pretty. Linen will work, or any other woven fabric.
- Make one for winter using felt strips.
- Weave some fabric strips through the string.
- Use a combination of materials